Samsung is by far, one of the most popular Android phone maker. Knowing that the success of Samsung is largely built on Samsung’s Galaxy brand, a brand under which over 50 separate devices have been launched, counting all the tablets, phablets and smartphone variants that have been released so far- the latest flagship product ‘Samsung Galaxy S5’ is here with a bang.
The much awaited release of the Samsung GS5 is happening in early April this year. Samsung’s Executive VP of mobile Mr. Lee Young Hee has been quoted saying ‘For the S5, we will go back to the basics. Mostly it’s about the display and the feel of the cover‘
With a lot of new additions and improvements such as an improved camera, fitness friendly sensor, new look and feel – the Samsung Galaxy S5 seems like it is here to stay.
- Galaxy S5 comes with a Quad Core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 processor
- Operating on the Android KitKat OS (v4.4.2) with a 2Gb RAM, the Samsung GS5 is available in 4 colors- Black, White, Electric Blue and Gold
- The Phone has come up with a heart rate monitor placed just below the rear camera. By placing your finger on the sensor, one immediately gets to know one’s heart rate reading! Combined with a fitness app, this phone is a must have for all fitness freaks
- The phone has a new, simple layout with just the back button, home button and the multitask button with it.
- The home button comes with a fingerprint sensor that comes handy in logging in to secure apps and user recognition during PayPal transactions or for that matter, locking and unlocking of the phone.
- The look and feel are completely new, with a textured removable back cover that makes it feel dimpled with perforations
- Completely expandable storage and a swappable 2800 mAh battery makes it totally dependable
- Galaxy S5 comes with a slightly larger LCD display of 5.1 inches 1080p
- With a IP67 certified body, the phone is totally dust proof and water resistant (upto 1 meter and for 30 minutes)
- Galaxy S5 comes with a quality high end camera with the fastest auto focus. The primary camera is 16 MP sensor with a new and dedicated signal processor. The front camera is 2MP.
- The features of the camera include Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection and image stabilization.
- This phone comes with improved Wi-Fi and LTE performance, ensuring a faster network connectivity. Also ‘download booster’ a new feature, has been provided which enables to further speed up Internet connectivity by combining speeds of both, the LTE technology and Wi-Fi.
What’s more is that seems like Samsung will be marketing the phone, pairing the Galaxy S5 with the thinner and newer Gear Smartwatch. The Smartwatch is believed to be unveiled alongside the Samsung Galaxy S5!!
With Samsung having bombarded every niche, every price point, every form factor, every carrier, and every country it can possibly reach with its wide range of products, seems like it’s planning to whoop the audience with its latest Galaxy S