For all businesses, having a good customer relationship is usually a top priority. Salesforce helps businesses attend to both customers and clients professionally by providing technical solutions. If you own a business and use Salesforce, it is the time you learned how to add fields in Salesforce to improve your customer relations.
Advantages Of Using Custom Fields In Salesforce
For any business, handling a customer’s request is one of the trickiest and most sensitive tasks. In case a business cannot handle a customer request with care, it risks losing all clients to the competition. You should never allow customer data to challenge you. If you know how to add fields in Salesforce, you will love the variety of solutions it can provide for your business.
- The ability to create a basic sale process is one of the top benefits of using custom fields. Depending on the size of your business, trained employees will know the path taken for a deal to be successful.
- The Salesforce fields help keep all employees in the company on the same page. The CEO, sales manager, and sales representative can all be on the same page of the entire sale process.
- The Salesforce fields keep the salespersons structured. Using custom fields, sales representatives can personalize their own paths to make sure that the sales process operates perfectly.
How To Add Fields In Salesforce
- After determining the type of field, you want to add in Salesforce, navigate to its appropriate object.
- Use the following guide to navigate to the field:
– For Custom, settings navigate to the setup menu then click on ‘Develop Custom Settings’ and in the custom setting click on one of the names.
– For External objects navigate to setup then click on ‘Develop External objects’ then from the list choose one of the external objects.
-For Standard objects, navigate to the setup menu then click on ‘customize’ and select one of the appropriate objects from the list then click on the field.
- After you have completed the procedure above, select the type of field you would like to add then click ‘Next.’
- In case, you have a relationship field created in Salesforce you need to remember to associate it with your new field.
- In the next page of settings, enter field attributes and tick on the necessary checkboxes to specify the fields that must be populated.
- Choose ‘Allow Reparenting’ in master-detail relationships to allow for a child record for the master-detail relationship.
- To continue with the process click on ‘Next.’
- Choose the page layouts you would like to be displayed for the next part of creating your field.
- Once you are done, click on ‘Save’ to finish. If you want to create additional fields, click on ‘Save & New.’
Using the simple Salesforce tips regarding how to add fields in Salesforce, adding new fields in Salesforce will no longer be a problem. Most people mistakenly believe that Salesforce is hard to use but as clearly shown in this article it is a very effective and very easy to use system.